Pages

24 September 2014

About Bloglovin'

I like Bloglovin'. It's a good way to keep up with my favorite blogs without having to have a gazillion bookmarks on my browser. That being said, there are some things I wasn't aware of until recently (thanks to Lindsay's post on the Newlywed Notebook), things I really think you guys ought to think about when using it.

I like to look at my views from time to time, and I've noticed the Bloglovin' views do not show up in the stats. I know a couple of friends from abroad are reading Noshoes through Boglovin', and noticed a while back that their home countries aren't on the country statistics. That's when I started getting suspicious.

I tested my hypotheses by reading one of my own posts in Bloglovin'. The view count didn't move. I went unnoticed. That means the blog I read doesn't get credit for the post, and the blogger doesn't know I have read and enjoyed their content. 

How do you become visible, then? It's quite simple, actually: don't use the Bloglovin' iframe when reading blogs. It does mean that when you use Bloglovin', it opens each blog post into a new tab on your browser, that is to say it is like opening a link to the post. This way you are looking at the actual blog. If this sounds like something you would like to do, go to your Bloglovin' account settings, and choose NOT to use the frame. The whole procedure looks a little bit like this:



And this is how it looks like on your smart phone (at least on Android):



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment